Shoreline Business Solutions introduces Return Mail Support – the perfect secure system to deal with your “Return to Sender” Debit and ATM cards, so they do not come back to haunt you in the future!
Shoreline’s Return Mail is a safe and secure process for destroying returned debit and ATM cards. It offers a perfect solution for payment cards that do not make it to their intended cardholder (very often occurring upon the reissue of expired debit cards and when a cardholder has changed addresses).
Cards are returned directly to Shoreline reducing the risk of card fraud for a financial institution as well as complying with financial audits regarding the logging and the dual control destruction of returned debit cards.
According to Pat Angell, Shoreline’s Vice President of Operations, Shoreline’s desire to assist one customer with a secure process for return card destruction aided in the development of this model program. “We realized this program could solve a pesky issue for many of our other customers,” said Pat. “Auditors require a certain protocol for the destruction and logging of the returned cards. With our certification as a secure facility, we are able to systematically follow the secure process as well as make the data readily available to our customers via our customer information portal. Return Mail support is a great new addition to our suite of card personalization and fulfillment services.”
The Return Mail Secure Process:
- Each business day undeliverable mail for our Return Mail customers arrives at our secure loading dock.
- Mail is accepted, counted and batched for input under dual control; then locked in our secured mail cage.
- Within 24 hours of receipt, two employees remove the mail, scan the barcode and log in numbers … all without opening an envelope.
- Return Mail is then displayed on our customer online portal and highlighted in green.
- The sealed envelopes are shred under dual control in a secured shred area. Employees then verify totals and log the job out indicating it is complete.
Benefits of Return Mail:
- Return mail appears on our secure customer information portal in real-time at receipt, making it easy to identify the cardholder, contact them and send out a new card to the correct address.
- Simple set-up. Can be live in 24 hours.
- Process has met with great acceptance by financial auditors due to internal fraud concerns and our MasterCard / Visa endorsed secure facility standards.
Shoreline Business Solutions is a leader in card production, personalization and fulfillment services. For more than 25 years, Shoreline has been offering community banks and credit unions the most effective and innovative solutions for their payment card programs.
To learn more,